David T. Abercrombie & Ezra H. Fitch
June 4, 1892, David T. Abercrombie opened a small waterfront shop at nr. 36 South Street in Lower Manhattan. In 1900, the formr lawyer, Ezra H. Fitch, acquired part of the company which incorporated in 1904 as Abercrombie & Fitch Co. The company filed bankruptcy in 1977. After that everything changed, what started as an outfitter for hunters, fishers and other liars, had a restart in 1998 as a brand for the preppy youngstars.